Announcing the Sixth Lion, Cameron Dunn from AT&T
Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep…
As part of the Vendor Innovators 2022, ROCCO will introduce with the Genesis event new innovation showcase sessions where companies can present ideas /products or solutions. An important part of this is the Lion’s Den.
A Vendor pitches an innovative idea / product / solution which could help the Roaming, Messaging and Interconnect industry to generate revenues or save costs, become more efficient or offer more quality solutions to end subscribers. They will present to a panel of Lions who give live feedback to them in-front of the Genesis audience.
Cameron Dunn is a highly-accomplished and innovative Director of Inter-Carrier Service Development, with over 20 years of in-depth knowledge and experience in leading teams in ideation, development and implementation of new mobile roaming products and services. Over his career in mobile communications, Cameron has had the opportunity to work in systems management, billing, operations, architecture, marketing, standards, strategy and development, allowing for success via comprehensive ‘end-to-end” experiences in the mobile communications business.
Cameron’s traits that he brings to the Lion’s chair include a focus on being tactical and efficient. The best ideas have very little worth if they cannot be realized – every strategy must have a well-thought out plan on execution. Cameron’s work on realization of ideas has been core to his success – the ‘how’ as much as the ‘what’ – and will be a key focus while evaluating what comes before the Lion’s Den.
How Lion’s Den works
- Companies/ Individuals pitch their idea to the Lions, showing with a maximum of 5 slides the full solution, its name, cost, uses, time to market, etc
- The Lions will listen with an open mind to each idea which is being pitched to them.
- The Lions will ask direct questions, debate among themselves the pros and cons of the idea and whether they like the idea.
- They will give honest feedback/constructive criticism stating why they approve or disapprove of the business idea/solution and provide a final opinion.
- Lions are intimidating, not always nice, you don’t know how they will react, but they will ultimately provide good advice
The Lions (all people from MNOs) will rate their innovations: 25% of the overall score in the Vendor Innovators 2022 Report. Then the audience at Genesis will also have a change to rate the idea: 25% of the overall score.
Find out more about the Vendor Innovators here.