SAFETY MEASURES FOR CORONAVIRUS
ROCCO is concerned about the evolution of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. However, our event is going ahead as planned. Having consulted with other event organisers and specialist resources we ask you to review the following few paragraphs if you are planning to attend and please note our event has an attendance limit of 200 participants. After the cancellation of other important events in the industry, we want to ensure the safety of the delegates at our event by implementing the following safety measures.
Before buying a ticket:
We would like to ask for your cooperation and understanding following these cautionary requisites:
- No travellers from the Hubei province will be permitted access to the event
- All travellers who have been in Mainland China will be asked to demonstrate proof they have been outside of China 24 days prior to the event (passport stamp, health certificate).
- By attending the event, all delegates self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone infected.
Traveling to Spain:
Spanish airports have increased the security protocols, including medical screenings to guarantee that travellers are not at risk. In addition, airlines’ connections with China have also been suspended temporarily. The Genesis event is taking place in Seville, whose airport has no direct flights to China.
You can check Seville’s airport connections here.
Practical advice while travelling:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Extraordinary safety measures for the event:
We have designed an emergency protocol in collaboration with the venue to be able to act quickly in case of reported illness. We are liaising with the venue to ensure that they have robust procedures on hygiene in the venue. Our staff will be trained to implement preventative measures and assist attendees if needed. The frequency of cleaning and disinfection of the facilities has also been increased. We will provide sanitizers in common areas to be used especially in touchpoints like door handles, countertops or screens.
The following rules will also be implemented during the event:
- All delegates will adopt a “No-handshake” policy.
- Additional signage onsite for reminders about the hygiene protocols.
- Instituting an Event Policy of reasonable and sensible social distancing (1m/3 feet).
- Implementing a microphone disinfecting policy between Speakers
- Implementing and communicating protocols for prompt medical assistance and screening for attendees who feel ill during the event.
Delegates will be informed of the security measures with a flyer provided at the check-in desk. We will be updating these measures. We ask all participants to strictly follow these guidelines to guarantee the event success.
For more information about precautionary actions, please read the WHO guidance.
We will keep monitoring the evolution of the virus until the event date to ensure all participants’ safety. Our refund policy is available at point of sale under Buy Tickets.