Announcing the Fifth Lion of the Lions Den 2023, Encarnação Jesus from NOS Portugal
Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep…
As part of The Innovators 2023, ROCCO introduces within the Genesis event an innovation showcase session where companies can present ideas /products or solutions. An important part of this is the Lion’s Den.
A Vendor/MNO pitches an innovative idea / product / solution which could help the Roaming, Messaging, Interconnect and Fraud & Security industry to generate revenues or save costs, become more efficient or offer more quality solutions to end subscribers. They will present to a panel of Lions who give live feedback to them in-front of the Genesis audience.
Encarnação Jesus has 20 years of experience in the Roaming arena, making significant contributions to the industry throughout her career.
Beginning as a product manager and international roaming manager, she worked her way up to become the head of wholesale roaming business at NOS Portugal. In this role, she oversees all aspects of the company’s wholesale roaming business, playing a critical role in driving its success.
Encarnação is widely recognized as an expert in our industry, with a deep understanding of the complexities and challenges of the global roaming landscape.
As a Lion, she is a strategic thinker and a skilled negotiator, an accomplished and highly respected leader in the Roaming industry, with a wealth of experience and a proven ability to drive growth and success.
How Lion’s Den works
- Companies/ Individuals pitch their idea to the Lions, showing with a maximum of 7 slides the full solution, its name, cost, use, time to market, etc
- The Lions will listen with an open mind to each idea which is being pitched to them.
- The Lions will ask direct questions, and debate among themselves the pros and cons of the idea and whether they like the idea.
- They will give honest feedback/constructive criticism stating why they approve or disapprove of the business idea/solution and provide a final opinion.
- Lions are intimidating, and not always nice, you don’t know how they will react, but they will ultimately provide good advice
The Lions (all people from MNOs) will rate their innovations: 25% of the overall score in The Innovators 2023 Report. Then the audience at Genesis will also have a chance to rate the idea: 25% of the overall score.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.