Announcing the Fifth Lion, Luc Lamoureux from Reliance JIO
Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep…
As part of the Vendor Innovators 2022, ROCCO will introduce with the Genesis event new innovation showcase sessions where companies can present ideas /products or solutions. An important part of this is the Lion’s Den.
A Vendor pitches an innovative idea / product / solution which could help the Roaming, Messaging and Interconnect industry to generate revenues or save costs, become more efficient or offer more quality solutions to end subscribers. They will present to a panel of Lions who give live feedback to them in-front of the Genesis audience.
The fifth lion, Luc Lamoureux is currently the Director, International Roaming and Planning at Reliance JIO, a 4G only operator with over 400 million subscribers. As an International Roaming expert, he has 25 years of experience and hands-on roaming knowledge. Having worked in Canada, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Bahamas and USA, Luc is a gentleman of the world and a true roamer. Spending half of his career working with an operator and the other half with roaming service providers, he has a great understanding of the entire roaming ecosystem.
Luc has been involved with the development of industry standards for many years and has been the WAS Deputy Chair since 2019.
As a Lion, Luc fearlessly takes on the challenge of evolving with new technologies and innovative products. When it comes to the bridging of the technical and commercial aspects of roaming, he has an opinion and is not afraid to have his roar be heard! Expanding the realm of roaming is his goal and no distant land, water or space is too far.
How Lion’s Den works
- Companies/ Individuals pitch their idea to the Lions, showing with a maximum of 5 slides the full solution, its name, cost, uses, time to market, etc
- The Lions will listen with an open mind to each idea which is being pitched to them.
- The Lions will ask direct questions, debate among themselves the pros and cons of the idea and whether they like the idea.
- They will give honest feedback/constructive criticism stating why they approve or disapprove of the business idea/solution and provide a final opinion.
- Lions are intimidating, not always nice, you don’t know how they will react, but they will ultimately provide good advice
The Lions (all people from MNOs) will rate their innovations: 25% of the overall score in the Vendor Innovators 2022 Report. Then the audience at Genesis will also have a change to rate the idea: 25% of the overall score.
Find out more about the Vendor Innovators here.