Announcing the Second Lion, Atim Akeh-Osu from MTN
Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep…
As part of the Vendor Innovators 2022, ROCCO will introduce with the Genesis event new innovation showcase sessions where companies can present ideas /products or solutions. An important part of this is the Lion’s Den.
A Vendor pitches an innovative idea / product / solution which could help the Roaming, Messaging and Interconnect industry to generate revenues or save costs, become more efficient or offer more quality solutions to end subscribers. They will present to a panel of Lions who give live feedback to them in-front of the Genesis audience.
ROCCO is pleased to announce the second lion. Atijm akeh-Osu, a business strategist and telecommunications professional, she possesses a diverse background in telecoms operations and management. Her 20 years experience span across Carrier relations, International Roaming, Marketing & Strategy and Enterprise Business where she has delivered dynamic models for business efficiencies and consistently supports several digital transformation initiatives. Distinguished for expertise in cross-functional coordination, she has led teams to achieve personal and organisational potentials. She believes in the evolution of the telecommunications industry and supports innovative solutions as a means to industry sustenance and relevance in our fast-paced digital world. Atim supports the African Roaming Alliance (ARA) as its Chair with intense passion to see advancement in roaming and technology for Africa.
As a Lion, Atim is a relentless and fearless go-getter who wears her mane well. She is brave, recognizes opportunities and is never afraid to confront challenges. Forthright, persistent, and brutally honest, she speaks out for herself and others. She often explores new territories and stays the course undeterred.
How Lion’s Den works
- Companies/ Individuals pitch their idea to the Lions, showing with a maximum of 5 slides the full solution, its name, cost, uses, time to market, etc
- The Lions will listen with an open mind to each idea which is being pitched to them.
- The Lions will ask direct questions, debate among themselves the pros and cons of the idea and whether they like the idea.
- They will give honest feedback/constructive criticism stating why they approve or disapprove of the business idea/solution and provide a final opinion.
- Lions are intimidating, not always nice, you don’t know how they will react, but they will ultimately provide good advice
The Lions (all people from MNOs) will rate their innovations: 25% of the overall score in the Vendor Innovators 2022 Report. Then the audience at Genesis will also have a change to rate the idea: 25% of the overall score.
Find out more about the Vendor Innovators here.