Our First Lion Announced, Johannes Opitz PhD
Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep…
As announced last week, ROCCO will introduce with the Genesis event, new innovation showcase sessions where companies can present ideas /products or solutions. An important part of this is the Lions Den.
Any Company (Operator, Vendor or Entrepreneur) or individual, pitches an innovative idea / product /solution which could help the Roaming and Interconnect industry to generate revenues or save costs, become more efficient or offer more quality solutions to end subscribers. They will present to a panel of 5 Lions (all from Mobile Operators) who give feedback to them live in-front of the Genesis audience. Any company can contact ROCCO Genesis team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an idea.
Johannes Opitz PhD
It’s with great pleasure that we would like to introduce our first lion. Johannes Opitz Phd, Vice President for Commercial Roaming at Deutsche Telekom. At DT Johannes leads the global negotiations and strategic partnerships with the world’s leading Telecom Groups. His expertise includes Telecommunications; IoT; Roaming; Strategic Partnerships & Operator Alliances; Strategy; Product Development & Marketing; TV & Media; Corporate Finance & Business Planning. Johannes holds a PHD Degree in Accounting & Corporate Finance.
As a Lion, Johannes has many of the character traits needed for a king of the beasts. Decisive, and resilient, he makes things happen, even when the way ahead is far from smooth. He is brave and knows when to take the leap of faith or calculated risk that separates the good from the great. Always hungry for new ideas, he finds creative ways of problem solving.
How Lion’s Den works
- Companies/ Individuals pitch their idea to the Lions, showing with a maximum of 5 slides the full solution, its name, cost, uses, time to market etc
- The Lions will listen with an open mind to each idea which is being pitched to them
- The Lions will ask direct questions, debate among themselves the pros and cons of the idea and whether they like the idea
- They will give honest feedback/constructive criticism stating why they approve or disapprove of the business idea/solution and provide a final opinion
- Lions are intimidating, not always nice, you don’t know how they will react but they will ultimately provide good advice
If you wanted to pitch in front of the Lions, contact us at email@example.com to learn how to submit your idea to Genesis Lion’s Den.